Meritocratic Isles
November 12, 2018, 11:30:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please observe the rules set forth in our Civil Code.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meritocratic Isles Stock Market Game on vse.marketwatch.com  (Read 398567 times)
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Merit: 13

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2006, 02:40:55 AM »

Beating Shaz by 51 cents! Hahaha

Bruce Dickinson
The Anarchist Federation of Freedom Crazy
Former Archon Basileus of the Politeia

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 01:02:46 AM »

What the hell!!!!! Sad One of the stocks I had a significant holding in split and it lost me over 19,000 because the game is flawed! I went from top 8 to stone cold last

*cries*

Bruce Dickinson

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Shasarazade
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 6

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2006, 12:59:57 PM »

All of my stocks were down today. Sad

Shasarazade—Slices like a #@$% hammer!
Consul of the Meritocracy
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

Merit: 30

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2006, 02:37:02 PM »

It looks like a lot of people's stocks were down today.   I basically stopped caring about the game after I got rich on the glitch.  Tongue  I'll try harder in January.

Jack McDonald,
President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »

WHen I say the game is flawed, a stock I held did a 3 for 1 split and the value of my stock went from $90 a share to $30 a share, and the game recorded that as a gigantic loss...

only the game has now corrected it and now its a smaller loss... did you do that Jasque?

Bruce Dickinson

Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

Merit: 30

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2006, 08:10:41 PM »

No, I didn't do that.   I don't have that kind of power.  There must be somebody who is supposed to keep track of all those things for the game.  I've noticed that they usually take a few days to make the appropriate changes.  Sometimes they never make the changes.

Jack McDonald,
President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: