Meritocratic Isles
December 18, 2018, 11:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Meritocratic Isles!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom Crazy goes Nuclear?  (Read 6528 times)
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Merit: 13

Bruce Dickinson

« on: October 27, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »

President Dickinson sat in his office, reading through the various materials one does as President of a large country such as Freedom Crazy. He then came across a folder marked top secret, unusual he thought, he normally opens them straight away. Never can tell what has been determined top secret, and if it requires immediate action. He opened up the folder and pored over the materials. Ah, I see, my top military scientists want me to approve funding to create projects to build nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. Dickinson reads the reports and one bit says

""This is a necessary step towards the creation of a safer Freedom Crazy," claims Prudence Spirit, the leading researcher. "Yes, it will mean a large areas of land will become unusable as a result of the testing, and it will cost billions of Drachmas, but that's the price we must pay for our national security. Just think of the power we will have if we can turn our enemies into plate glass!"

I'm not to sure about that last part he pondered, the Anarchist Federation was notoriously pacifist after all, and prone to not spending much in the way of Government. But this was the safety of the people and would secure the Federation against future threats. Approved wrote Dickinson at the bottom.

Dickinson then reached for the phone and got on the line to a good friend, a friend who's nation knew a lot about making nuclear bombs....

Bruce Dickinson
The Anarchist Federation of Freedom Crazy
Former Archon Basileus of the Politeia

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Fox
Spartiate

Merit: 15

Angel Sanctuary is the bestest of the best!! :)

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »

"OMG Freedom crazy goes Nuclear crazy?! You're country is know for being pacifist as you said, you cant just all of a sudden become agressive...*pause* NUCLEAR Weapons!!! you are absolutely crazy Dickinson *hangs up*"

~I'm nice, most of the time Cheesy~
Would a better answer have been to point to "Administrator", noting that if God existed, He would never allow so foul and cruel a forum-master to come into being?
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 10:06:10 AM »

Realising he had punched the number for the Queen of Pyrod as opposed to the President of the Radioactive Republic he put down the phone, thought about what he was going to say, and punched in the number for Jack McDonald, the President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque.

"Hi there Jack, it's Bruce"

Bruce Dickinson

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

Merit: 30

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:54:55 PM »

President McDonald watched his old friend sit down in front of him.  The president and Barry Glowater went way back.  He mused, life was more exciting before I became president.  I wonder if Barry knows how lucky he is?

“Thanks for coming, Barry.   How’ve you been?  It seems like you are out of the country more often than not.  I trust the shareholders haven’t replaced you fore spending all your time overseas.”   

Jack grinned.   He knew the citizens of Jasque only reelected him as president because he was too occupied with international affairs to do much harm at home.  Barry’s situation was much the same.

After sitting down, Barry Glowater faked a smile.  “Thanks for seeing me on such short notice, Jack.  I could say I’ve been well, but times are tough, old friend.  Things aren’t like they used to be.”

Barry Glowater owned the largest arms manufacturing company in the country, Jasque Arms Manufacturing, Incorporated.  More often referred to as JAM, Inc.  When Jasque liberalized its trade policies on WMDs,   JAM, Inc. made a fortune on overseas deals.  The corporation had overextended itself, however, and it was now in a major financial crisis.

“What can I do for you, Barry?”  The longtime president knew what was coming next, and he sat up straight in his chair to remind himself that he was in control.  And that he had a responsibility to his people.

Barry began, “You know about my recent financial troubles. There just aren’t enough buyers these days.  My factories have excess capacity, and I can make you a really great deal …”

Jack cut in, “Barry, you know we already have contracts for all the weapons we need, plus more.  If you hadn’t placed all your bets in the foreign market, perhaps we’d be in a better place to negotiate.  But there simply isn’t anything I can do for you today.”

“Don’t feed me that shit.  You’re president.  You can make any deal you damn well want to, and you know it!   We’re the largest arms manufacturer you’ve got.  You can’t just let us close down. Poof—eleven world class arms factories out of business, and a small army of starving scientist who’ve worked their entire life to blow up the world.   It’s too dangerous.”

“It isn’t my corporation.  It isn’t up to me what happens.  This is your problem; now get out of my office and fix it.”

Barry Glowater struggled to hold his temper and left without saying a word.  After he left, the president thought to himself, I was too harsh.  I shouldn’t have kicked him out like that.  Perhaps I’ll just call him back in.

At that moment, the phone in his office rang.  Normally his secretary answered all the phone calls, but this was a direct call to his office.

“Hello?  Oh, Bruce!  How are things in your part of the world?”

Jack McDonald,
President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

Jack sounded surprised to hear from him. "Not too bad Jack, recovering from that lightning strike, thanks for sending over that cowbell, it was greatly appreciated. Since that accident I just cannot seem to get enough cowbell. It is very strange I must say.

Well anyway... I must get down to business and the real reason for my call Jack. I have had some proposals brought before me and well, I need your country's expertise, we are looking at funding a project to build some nuclear weapons to maintain as a defensive arsenal to protect the Anarchist Federation. I was wondering if you could... suggest how I would go about doing that, perhaps some companies that may be interested in implementing this programme and helping the Anarchist Federation for a financial reward. Initially, I am looking at just the initial project to develop a bomb and get it working in our delivery system, which we want to be independent, but after that, I think I can release funds to purchase 100-200 nuclear weapons depending on how good the systems are and our needs. What do you think Jack, can you help?"

Bruce Dickinson

Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

Merit: 30

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:10 PM »

[ooc:  I haven't forgotten about this, but real life has been keeping me occupied.   I'll plan to be write something up as soon as I get more than a few minutes to sit down at the computer. 
/ooc]

Jack McDonald,
President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: