Meritocratic Isles
December 18, 2018, 11:04:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please take a look at the historical documents in The Athenaeum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Defining the RP Standards for the Isles  (Read 8556 times)
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Merit: 13

Bruce Dickinson

« on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:54 PM »

Jasque might want to start this off but I feel I might as well vent some ideas.

We as nations send representatives to the Apella, perhaps we should put our representatives names in our signatures?

We as a region recognise the existence of other regions and have dealings with them.

The Militia is comprised of those nations who have volunteered their armed forces for the good of the Isles (similar to the UN taskforces in the RL where nations work together to solve problems/fight wars (or not;)))

I had more ideas when I thought of this thread, but have lost them. Suggestions? Discussion.

This is all OOC

Bruce Dickinson
The Anarchist Federation of Freedom Crazy
Former Archon Basileus of the Politeia

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Pansada
Aristocrat

Merit: 20

Corintur

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:57:22 PM »

We as a region recognise the existence of other regions and have dealings with them.
I thought we were a (largely non-defined) part of Meriterra?

Regardless, I think there should always be a dividing line between RP and other regions. There's absolutely no continuity with other regions unless there's coordinated RP and massive cultural overflow in both directions, neither of which we have at the moment.

Matriarch Porcelina of the Shaelin Khapf
--------------------------------------------------
(Corintur;  Consul of the Meritocracy)
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »

Jack said that the Isles RP recognises NationStates gameplay, which I believe would mean we recognise the existence of other regions etc.

Population for countries? Divided by 20? Or some range thing similar to Winni's proposals at the Senate?

Military? 2%, something around that? Different depending on the nation?

Bruce Dickinson

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Pansada
Aristocrat

Corintur

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »

You can't statistic-ize everything. A Kitimat-type nation is going to have a large military with a huge budget; my nation (which incidentally isn't even a nation...read my "history of" thread for more detail) has virtually no military beyond individual covert operatives.

As I said, having integrated RP with all of NS is impossible, since most regions have their own separate RP realms or only interact with a few other regions. If we recognize the existence of the Pacifics, etc., we can't recognize Meriterra, since the two do not exist in each others' worlds.

Population...I like the idea of taking a nation's NS population, dividing by roughly 10, and letting each player decide a population around that mark (or less). THEY WOULD KEEP THIS POPULATION, and it would be recorded somewhere. No more incomprehensibly fast growth rates, no more fifty-bajillion-man armies. This would leave larger nations with an advantage, while making it not so completely unfair for smaller ones. (Plus, then I'd be able to RP my 200,000 population island state without demographic problems. Wink)

Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:05:29 AM »

Keep it forever, that puts newbies joining with a 5,000,000 population at somewhat of a disadvantage Tongue

Bruce Dickinson

Pansada
Aristocrat

Corintur

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 06:12:13 AM »

We can bump them up if someone else new joins. Other than them, the newbies are always going to have a proportional disadvantage compared to veterans.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: