Meritocratic Isles
November 15, 2018, 01:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All citizens are encouraged to sign up to join the military.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vacineia applies for Citizenship  (Read 81763 times)
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

Merit: 1

« on: August 07, 2008, 07:16:51 AM »

I, Drakkin Deadeye Sartor of the nation of Vacineia, pledge to act as a responsible citizen of the Meritocratic Isles, to uphold its laws, and to contribute to the governance of the region.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

Merit: 14

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »

It is great to see that you wish to be a citizen, Vacineia.

As a citizen, how would you improve the Meritocratic Isles?
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:35:57 AM »

Many thoughts come to mind, but sadly these things have no bearing since quite honestly I no very little of the region and even less about the game. It seems the people of the region have developed a very well balanced system that will need the occasional tweak now and then. For now that would the only effective means that I could help improve the Meritocratic Isles. But I will say as long as we uphold the ideals we state and carry them through I will do everything in my power to support theses.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:50:27 PM »

It is understandable that you have not yet spotted the flaws in the Isles.

Once you do spot problems, what skills do you bring as a diplomat to solve them?
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »

You cant make everyone happy, but nor can we just ignore everyone to avoid the problem. I would try to find the most logical and fairest way so that everyone can be represented without the usual state of ignorance that exists in this day and age.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:07:06 PM by Deadeyes » Logged
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 08:19:47 AM »

That is an interesting answer. I have one last question for you:

If you could amend The Nomos, what is one thing that you would change?
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

I would say that the only true thing that needs to be amended is that of the number of Ehpors be changed from 5 to 3. They have great power and there needs to be more than one, but also an odd number. But to insure that less corruption ever takes place 3 would be safer than 5.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »

In my understanding of the Nomos, the number of Ephors must be odd and not exceed five. This allows there to be one, three, or five Ephors.
The Nomos is not always the clearest of documents, no offense Jasque, especially for those who have not read it many times. I can tell you made an effort.
Anything else you would like to comment about the Nomos?
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

Merit: 16

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 04:41:54 PM »

Pardon OUR injecting OURSELVES into the conversation.  This will probably have little to do with the outcome of your citizenship application but after reviewing the most recent legislation in your government, WE have two (2) questions:

1.  Five days ago, your educational system was the envy of many, many nations, but only four hours ago legislation was passed to re-vamp your entire educational system, therefore, WE wonder, what brought about this change?

2.  Guns are outlawed in your nation.  Would you please tell US how that is working (because it has been OUR experience that outlaws always seem to find ways of obtaining or even manufacturing firearms) ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:43:32 PM by King Chester » Logged
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »

To Kadoshim sadly I see no problem with that of the government with my unexperience eyes. This region has gone through test after test and has the proper objects needed to continue on till the next problem presents its self.

Now to Lord Chester I shall answer. Yes Vacineia's educational system was great, but of course problems arosed. It was on the issue of teachers complaining of the students behavior and they were blaming parents. The parents in turn were blaming the teachers. The Councel of Vacineia was going to dismiss the whole issue, but decided instead to revamp in hopes of lowering crime thanks to the third option. So far it has greatly lowered crime and we of Vacineia are in high hopes of it staying that way.

The question of firearms being outlawed was difficult and yes I know that soon outlaws will somehow aquire guns through other means. But I had hoped that the extension of Vacineia's military, the excution of criminals, and the revamping of the education system would help influence this. Again the Councel's plans came into fruition with crime currently being unknown.

I pray that my answers are to both of  your Lordships satisfaction.
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

Merit: 16

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »

The Lord tests none harder than those who would wear crowns.  WE have reviewed OUR fellow King's trials and WE are satisfied with His efforts.
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »

A King to a King, assalam alaikum my friend.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 09:37:15 AM »

I see that you know Arabic, Deadeyes. Recently the nation of Sheik Abdul Bashir entered the region unexpectedly. Are you familiar with this leader?
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 02:47:41 PM »

Sadly I do not. I only bits of Arabic, but I am trying to become fluent in the language. This new nation is a mystery to me.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »

Voting has begun in the Apella on your application to citizenship. Good luck.
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »

If God wills it, so shall it be. Also if the Apella wills it as well.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »

Congratulations Vacineia. The Apella has approved of your citizenship in an absolute majority before the deadline of the voting. That is a unprecedented in itself.
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »

Thank you, I am very honored.
Does something like full majority voting that not happen usually?
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »

A majority of votes are usually cast in favor of the applicant, but it is rare that the applicant gets enough votes to end the voting even before it is scheduled to.
Deadeyes
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

Strange indeed. I am honored to have been chosen in such a fashion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: