Meritocratic Isles
November 14, 2018, 11:58:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please observe the rules set forth in our Civil Code.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiki Strike Applies for Citizenship  (Read 42980 times)
kiki-strike
Ephor
Neodamode

Merit: 6

« on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:33 AM »

I, Her Royal Majesty the Queen of the nation of Kiki Strike, pledge to act as a responsible citizen of the Meritocratic Isles, to uphold its laws, and to contribute to the governance of the region.

"Learn from the mistakes of others.  You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." -Eleanor Roosevelt

"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway." -Fr. Jerome Cummings

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows." -Helen Keller

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

Merit: 14

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:02:07 PM »

It is great to see that you finally got your application in Kiki Strike. I apologize for any confusion this site caused you.

What would you contribute to the Meritocratic Isles?
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

Merit: 16

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »

OUR Kingdom has been in communication with Her Majesty, the Queen of the Nation of Kiki Strike.  WE believe her character to be honorable and righteous.
kiki-strike
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »

Thank you, King Chester.  Now may I say that I will contribute a strong voice to this region, the kind of voice that can stand up for what she believes in.  I will not knock anyone down to achieve my goals, nor crush any spirit.

I believe that I will be a kind and loyal citizen.

"Learn from the mistakes of others.  You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." -Eleanor Roosevelt

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows." -Helen Keller

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »

This response, along with His Majesty, King Chester's recommendation is very impressive.

What is your vision for your nation?
kiki-strike
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:09:15 AM »

My vision is that we will all treat each other equally, to not stomp on any one to gain what we want or because of any differences the person has from us.  This nation has great potential, if only we, the citizens,  may achieve so.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:35:39 PM by kiki-strike » Logged

King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »

OUR fellow Monarch,
Though WE live in a relatively peaceful time and place, are there times when there must be saber-rattling or war?  Also, please provide your reasoning of the matter.
kiki-strike
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:15:30 AM »

Sometimes, yes, there would be such a time to commence war, but there must be a good reason why we do so.   Which matter do you request reasoning on?

King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 06:31:58 AM »

WE were interested in why YOU might think war could be necessary, or if war was never required.  WE are very satisfied with YOUR statement that there must be a good reason.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »

Kiki Strike, I have one last question for you.

What is your opinion on the World Assembly?
kiki-strike
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 07:15:27 PM »

The World Assembly?  Well, I'm not sure what kind of answer you desire.  Would you like me to provide my opinion on how it is run?  The proposals?

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »

What do you think its limits of power should be?
kiki-strike
Ephor
Neodamode

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »

I think that it should not be able to become an empire, dominant the whole of NationStates.  I believe that the WA should put a boundary to their power when we, the people of NS, decide it is right.

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:13:56 AM »

The Apella has begun voting on your application, Kiki-Strike. Good luck.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 07:59:32 AM »

The Apella has voted strongly in favor of giving you citizenship. Congratulations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: