Meritocratic Isles
November 12, 2018, 10:26:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please observe the rules set forth in our Civil Code.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Press Release: PIC Ratified by the Meritocratic Isles!  (Read 40564 times)
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

Merit: 30

« on: May 03, 2006, 06:06:58 PM »

The Prefecture InterCommunications (PIC) agreement has been ratified by the Meritocratic Isles.  This agreement is expected to increase cooperation between the Isles and the other Prefectures of The Meritocracy.  We thank Scandinavian Duchies and Warring Minorities for the work they have put into this treaty, and we look forward to working with Alpha Omega on future issues.

The text of PIC follows:

Prefecture InterCommunications (PIC)

I. In the interest of establishing better relations and communications between Prefectures of the New Meritocracy, Prefectures are to hereby appoint a representative to each of the other Prefectures.

II. These representatives may or may not take up residence in the Prefecture they have been assigned to. They are to perform various tasks in similar ways to ambassadors, although they are hereby encouraged to receive greater access to the workings of the Prefecture that they have been assigned to, in the hope of fostering greater activity on their part, and for more efficient policy co-ordination between the Prefectures concerned.

III. It is implored that any individual News Services or Agencies within Prefectures be syndicated not only with InterMet, but also with their fellow Prefectures' own organizations.

IV. This act recognizes any lobby, but limits recognition to one only, that Prefectures may wish to establish together (this act does not grant recognition to individual regional lobby interests) at the New Meritocracy, to co-ordinate the Senate's policy with the Prefecture citizens' wishes.

Jack McDonald,
President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque
Former Archon Basileus of the Politeia
Valle de Mejico
Spartiate

Merit: 13

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »

Who will be appointed to Alpha Omega?
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 06:27:23 PM »

For now, I'm the ambassador.   We can appoint a new ambassador after we get the government set up.  Hopefully that will be next week.

Jack McDonald,
Telros
Neodamode

Merit: 2

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 06:41:51 PM »

what exactly does the ambassador do?
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 06:46:35 PM »

what exactly does the ambassador do?

The ambassador will use our embassy at Alpha omega (located here) to keep them up to date on what is going on in our region.  The ambassador may also negotiate treaties and other matters.

Jack McDonald,
Telros
Neodamode

Merit: 2

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 06:57:55 PM »

ok, thank you for telling me.
Pansada
Aristocrat

Merit: 20

Corintur

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

I'd be willing to take up the post, as I'm currently running errands between the prefectures and Senate as Praetor. Maybe I could grab a cool "Prefecture Liasion" title or something while I'm at it...hmm... Cheesy

Matriarch Porcelina of the Shaelin Khapf
--------------------------------------------------
(Corintur;  Consul of the Meritocracy)
Warring Minorities
Emissary
Neodamode

Merit: 5

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 09:26:22 AM »

Hey I want that title too  Grin. I will make sure we ratify this agreement shortly at AO as it seems to have slipped SDs mind and then we can get on and sign it for our respective regions.

The Armed Republic of Warring Minorities
UN Delegate (Alpha omega)
Senator (The New Meritocracy)
Warring Minorities
Emissary
Neodamode

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:51 AM »

I have just noticed that you have added that we've ratified this in the archive post, but SD said on our forum that we need to set up a lobby and ratify it so i'm now very confused.  Huh?

The Armed Republic of Warring Minorities
UN Delegate (Alpha omega)
Senator (The New Meritocracy)
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 10:13:34 AM »

In this post SD says that he has signed the agreement.   I could have made a mistake, so let me know what the status is in AO.

Jack McDonald,
Scandinavian Duchies
Citizen
Perioikos

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  The Treaty has been ratified on our behalf.  Now we just need to look at setting up the actual lobby.  I propose that Alpha omega host the lobby, and that the Isles host a joint news agency if we get around to that, as you all have the absolutely spiffing M.I.N.U.S. name. Wink

Apella Member
Former Archon Praefectus

UN Delegate; Alpha omega
Senator; The New Meritocracy
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 02:36:48 PM »

That sounds fine to me.

Jack McDonald,
Scandinavian Duchies
Citizen
Perioikos

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 02:22:38 AM »

Any suggestions on what to call a lobby?  You all seem to come up with fantastic names, so I am sure that you all will have much better names than I could think up...

Apella Member
Former Archon Praefectus

UN Delegate; Alpha omega
Senator; The New Meritocracy
The Anti Commi Clan
Neodamode

Merit: 3

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 06:40:38 PM »

This is an excellent agreement that you guys made and it sets a wonderful precedent for any new prefectures. And of course, any articles written in a prefecture should be published in InterMet as well.

Consul of The Meritocracy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: