Meritocratic Isles
November 20, 2018, 03:08:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please take a look at the historical documents in The Athenaeum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regional Alliances  (Read 10247 times)
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

Merit: 14

« on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »

I hope all of the citizens of the Politeia can agree that the embassies of Alpha Omega and Tenka Fubu mean nothing at the moment.
Is it worth reviving these ancient alliances, or should the Meritocratic Isles search for other regions to associate itself with?
Please post your feelings about foreign policy here.
Huttok
Citizen
Neodamode

Merit: 11

Carpe Diem Baby

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »

I feel we should extend our ancient alliances let them know we have not sunk into nothing an old ally is much better than a newer one, these regions may have grown and their help could be invaluable in our regions growth and stability.

Obviously the search for other allies cannot be looked over.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:15:43 AM »

Unfortunately Huttok, these regions are much smaller than our own and appear to be shrinking further at a steady rate. I have no idea if any of their old diplomats are still in existence and because of their decaying size I question the value of such a region as an alliance.
As for the search for new alliances, it is already under way. I have had some communication with the WA Delegate from Israel, a recently re-captured region, and we are considering forming an alliance.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 8

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »

It is my belief that we should (if they have diplomats still) at the least have a noncombat treaty or something similar, but focus the true alliances towards bigger regions.

Huttok
Citizen
Neodamode

Merit: 11

Carpe Diem Baby

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »

An alliance with them could still prove worthy look at our own isles not long ago there was a murmur of movement now there is a chorus of voices destined to get only ever louder.
Shasarazade
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 6

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »

I believe Alpha Omega is no more. They are likely in no position to supply or accept an ambassador.

It is common for regions just starting out again to request embassies in the feeders in order to maximize publicity.

Shasarazade—Slices like a #@$% hammer!
Consul of the Meritocracy
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »

After further research I have discovered that Feudal Japan has in fact been successfully invaded and taken over. It looks like that alliance is no more as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: