Meritocratic Isles
November 20, 2018, 03:53:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Meritocratic Isles!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Relations With Israel  (Read 124105 times)
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

Merit: 14

« on: August 26, 2008, 10:58:17 AM »

Minutes ago a colony of Kadoshim, called Kodashim, was sent to the region of Israel. I agreed with the WA Delegate of Israel, Yew-topia, to swap puppet nations in each others regions in order to give an opportunity to set up further relations.
Before Yew-topia sends his colony to the Isles, I would like to hear the opinions of the nations of the Politeia on the matter.
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

Merit: 16

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:57:20 PM »

Sadly, Inter-Regional relations are not a strong area for US to discuss.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:31:04 AM »

Your Majesty, everyone has a set of skills that allows them to play a certain role in our government.
Is anyone comfortable with being an ambassador?
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 8

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

I can be an ambassador, I am completly fine with doing that.

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:17:58 AM »

The representative from Israel has arrived in the Meritocratic Isles. If we want this to be a formal alliance, we will need to make a treaty. Before Shieldelf makes a first draft it is essential that we determine what elements in the treaty would be in our best interest.My ideas are as follows:

Economic partnership-set up efficient shipping route from the Meritocratic Isles to Israel

Defense if under attack- Militaries obligated to defend one anothers' region, does not include offensive action
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

Good faith promises of economic prosperity and of defensive aid are the two menhirs on which rests the lentel stone of friendship.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 02:48:59 PM »

Thank you Kadoshim for allowing me to be ambassador to Israel. I will work on the draft as soon as I recieve all the suggested ideas for our treaty. Right now we have:

1. Economic Partnership

2. Defense Treaty

Anything else anyone wants?

Huttok
Citizen
Neodamode

Merit: 11

Carpe Diem Baby

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »

If i could see your ideas on a defense treaty i would appreciate that, i don't want any holes for them to use against us.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 06:01:27 AM »

I was thinking along the lines of:
1. Meritocratic Isles shall not take offensive military action against Israel, nor shall Israel take offensive military action against Meritocratic Isles.
2. Israel shall not encourage other parties to be hostile towards Meritocratic Isles, nor shall Meritocratic Isles encourage other parties to be hostile towards Israel.
3. Meritocratic Isles shall inform Israel of plots of others to harm it if known to the Meritocratic Isles, and Israel shall inform Meritocratic Isles of plots of others to harm it if known to Israel.
4. Israel shall send WA Nations as defensive aid to Meritocratic Isles if it is invaded, and Meritocratic Isles shall send WA Nations as defensive aid to Israel if it is invaded.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »

I like your idea Kadoshim. It seems like a bunch of great ideas.

Huttok
Citizen
Neodamode

Carpe Diem Baby

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »

What will the agreement be when Israel takes defensive measures against us if we have to take offensive measures against one of their other allies. Perhaps the names of Israel's allies may come in handy before we fully integrate them into the Isles. This way we can do a quick background check and see if any are potential threats. If they are not, we now also have a list of potentially decent allies.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »

Excellent point, Huttok. I was wondering about how this treaty would deal with other alliances, but could not think of a way to do so without all other alliances having to sign it as well.
Now I realize that this can be solved by simply adding to the contract:
5. Meritocratic Isles shall disclose the names of its alliance regions to Israel, and Israel shall disclose the names of any of its alliance regions to Israel.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »

So I have these 5 points at the moment:
1. Meritocratic Isles shall not take offensive military action against Israel, nor shall Israel take offensive military action against Meritocratic Isles.
2. Israel shall not encourage other parties to be hostile towards Meritocratic Isles, nor shall Meritocratic Isles encourage other parties to be hostile towards Israel.
3. Meritocratic Isles shall inform Israel of plots of others to harm it if known to the Meritocratic Isles, and Israel shall inform Meritocratic Isles of plots of others to harm it if known to Israel.
4. Israel shall send WA Nations as defensive aid to Meritocratic Isles if it is invaded, and Meritocratic Isles shall send WA Nations as defensive aid to Israel if it is invaded.
5. Meritocratic Isles shall disclose the names of its alliance regions to Israel, and Israel shall disclose the names of any of its alliance regions to Israel.

If that is all, I think I should present it to Israel.
Does this need to be approved by the Apella?

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 07:36:12 PM »

Hold up Shieldelf, we still need to draft the economic partnership portion of the treaty.
As for actually passing it, we will need to show it to a representative of Israel first, and possibly hear some negotiations.
Once the Israel representative can agree on the treaty we can then present it to the Apella. If the Apella approves of it it can head to the Gerousia, be approved, and then be passed into law.
Sounds simple enough.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 08:03:49 PM »

Ok, sounds all find and dandy to me.

Huttok
Citizen
Neodamode

Carpe Diem Baby

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 11:46:17 PM »

Thank you Kadoshim, i am glad as acting Military adviser i could be off assistance.
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 06:46:51 AM »

WE have been listening intently and believe this matter is being handled magnificently.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 07:04:48 AM »

As for the economic partnership, I am a hesitant in demanding free trade between every nation in both regions. Both Meritocratic Isles and Israel have nations whose economies are developing, and could be seriously harmed by such a massive wave of competition.

Therefore, in order to make the agreement fair to all nations, I propose we make an agreement on securing a shipping route where goods from both regions can be cheaply and safely transported from one region to the other. Then it is still up to individual nations if they want to open up free trade to far away nations or keep their developing economies sheltered.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »

I added this:

6. There shall be an open shipping route in which goods from both regions can be cheaply and safely transported from one region to the other. It is up to individual nations to decide if they wish to use this trade route.

If there are no more ideas I will ready the whole treaty.

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »

It looks quite thorough to me. Touch this up and we could easily begin the alliance by some time next week.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: