Meritocratic Isles
November 15, 2018, 12:50:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please take a look at the historical documents in The Athenaeum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Viidener Applies for Citizenship  (Read 29887 times)
Viidener
Citizen
Helot

Merit: 2

« on: October 11, 2008, 08:11:38 AM »

I, Viikku the leader of the republic of Viidener, pledge to act as a responsible citizen of the Meritocratic Isles, to uphold its laws, and to contribute to the governance of the region.

"Nothing is impossible"
"The true essence of life is not to keep tryin' to figure out what the essence is. You see, the essence really is; living without thinking about life"
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

Merit: 14

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 08:20:26 AM »

Welcome to our cherished forums, Viidener.

As you probably know, the current citizens of the Politeia will question you before we vote on your application. I wish you the best of luck.

What skills and interests do you bring to our community? How would you use these abilities to help the region?
Viidener
Citizen
Helot

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:52:25 AM »

Welcome to our cherished forums, Viidener.

As you probably know, the current citizens of the Politeia will question you before we vote on your application. I wish you the best of luck.

What skills and interests do you bring to our community? How would you use these abilities to help the region?

Thank you, Kadoshim.

Webdesign and documents are my personal strengths.
Viidener would most of all bring loyalty and passion with it.

"Nothing is impossible"
"The true essence of life is not to keep tryin' to figure out what the essence is. You see, the essence really is; living without thinking about life"
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

Web Design you say? This is quite a coveted skill in the realm of online forums.

Just two more questions from me and I think I can make my decision.
What is your definition of freedom?
When must freedom be limited?
Viidener
Citizen
Helot

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »

Yes, true. I do think my experience and skills are extraordinary in that area, though.

Freedom is being able to act based on own opinions and thoughts. Freedom is being able to express your opinions and follow your heart, as long as you're not limiting other peoples freedom at the same.
Freedom should be limited only, when it has unfair effect on other people. For the society to work, we simply cannot always do things in our own interest. I hope you get the idea.

"Nothing is impossible"
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »

Any level of computer abilities is much appreciated and needed on the forums. Extraordinary computer abilities would be very useful to the Politeia and the region.
You articulated your views on freedom nicely. I support your application. Now we can just wait, hopefully not for more than a few days,  for some other citizens to ask questions and we can commence the vote.
Viidener
Citizen
Helot

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 12:46:12 PM »

Okay. Thank you for the effort.

"Nothing is impossible"
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 8

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »

Are you a WA member?

Viidener
Citizen
Helot

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »

Not at the moment, no.

"Nothing is impossible"
King Chester
Geronta
Perioikos

Merit: 16

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »

How do you feel about the following statement:

There are only two races of people, the decent and the indecent.
Viidener
Citizen
Helot

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »

How do you feel about the following statement:

There are only two races of people, the decent and the indecent.

I respond with another statement: Difference is a Richness.

"Nothing is impossible"
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »

I believe we have gathered ample information about the applicant. I will commence the vote now, but the questioning may continue until the vote concludes.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »

Congratulations, Viidener. Your application passed in the Apella. Be sure to fulfill the pledges you made in the first portion of your application.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: