Meritocratic Isles
December 18, 2018, 10:49:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All citizens are encouraged to sign up to join the military.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Isles!  (Read 761535 times)
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

Merit: 30

« on: April 26, 2006, 06:43:48 PM »

Welcome to the Meritocratic Isles!

The Meritocratic Isles are glad to welcome you to our region.  Rather you are a newcomer or a world-weary statesmen, the Isles has something to offer you.  We are one of the oldest regions in NationStates, and we are currently a Prefecture of The Meritocracy.

Please take a chance to tell us a little about yourself.   What brought you to the Isles?  What is the history of your nation? What are you like in “real life?”

After the introductions are out of the way, feel free to relax and make a new friend in the Salabosse Bathhouse, or perhaps study our laws and history in the The Athenaeum. If you are wondering about how our government works, you can read our guide to the Meritocratic Isles.  And if you like what you see, you may always submit an application for citizenship to the INS.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 07:40:55 PM by Jasque » Logged

Jack McDonald,
President of the Radioactive Republic of Jasque
Former Archon Basileus of the Politeia
The Anti Commi Clan
Neodamode

Merit: 3

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:01:18 PM »

Hey Jack! Nice lookin' place you have here.

Consul of The Meritocracy
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:03:04 PM »

I suppose I should post something here to encourage the use of this topic.

My nation is Jasque, and I refounded the Isles (with the support of Afslav) after its original founder, Thomasia, was deleted.  I have kept at least one nation in the Isles for as long as I can remember.  I respected this region because it is the birthplace of The Meritocracy.  Additionally, the region had no founder for a very long time, and so a small group of Meritocrats had to protect it against invasion.  I was one of those Meritocrats, and I grew attached to the region I was stationed in.

In real life I work as a bookkeeper/accountant for a small manufacturing company.  I also go to school for economics and finance.  Additionally, I am working on a new game called Politizens.  You will probably notice that politizens is the name of the website hosting this forum.  It is my website, and the future home of the game Politizens.  Wink

Jack McDonald,
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Merit: 13

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:05:31 PM »

I am Freedom Crazy, a longtime resident of Coconut Island, a member of ACCEL.

Here comes the OOC bit

Also I am Wegason, Chairman of ACCEL and Senator in the Meritocracy. In real life I am a trainee accountant at a firm in the top 10 of the Accountancy world. I did go to University at the London School of Economics and I have worked with Jasque before on ACCEL Cheesy

Bruce Dickinson
The Anarchist Federation of Freedom Crazy

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Telros
Neodamode

Merit: 2

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »

I am Telros and I just recently joined, thanks to the United States of Valle de Mejico. Thats about it.

OOC: My name is Nick and I am a 16 year old high school student. I like to read, roleplay, and play videogames. A question though, what is this game Politiziens?
Valle de Mejico
Spartiate

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »

Your Welcome

and welcome to our region. Hope you apply for Citizenship.
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 03:39:57 PM »

Welcome, Telros.  Smiley

Politizens is a game that is currently under development.  This message board isn't associated with Politizens; I just have it on the same website to save some money. 

About the game:
Politizens is a game where players create characters who are human individuals within a nation. These characters are Political-Citizens (hence the name). Characters always have a fundamental political goal and thus their possible jobs are restricted to those that have political effects on a nation. Characters can engage in numerous fields, from the worlds of politics to business to the military to religion and other organizations of a fundamentally political nature.

There will be nations within the game, and those nations will have working economies, domestic legislation, international relations, and militaries.  However, the emphasis is on the citizen.  Players will impact their nation in a manner similar to real life.  They will organize political parties, run for office, protest laws they disagree with, plot assassinations, and much more.  Players can be ambitious and attempt to rise to power and use their position to create an empire, or they can lurk in the shadows and run a terrorist organization.  It will all be up to the player.

Jack McDonald,
Telros
Neodamode

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 03:50:50 PM »

Wow...sounds good...Good luck with it and Valle, I did apply. XD
Sharpirous
Helot

Merit: 0

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:40:44 AM »

Hello to all. I just joined your region, after I received a mesage from United States of Valle de Mejico.

OOC: I'm 15, a junior in high school, and I'm a newbie to this whole thing you call NationStates. Hopefully I'm not too much of an idiot when playing.
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 02:24:26 PM »

Hi Sharpirous.  Welcome to the Isles.   Smiley

If you want any advice on NS, just ask somebody on the forum.  Many of us have been playing the game for a long time, so we know a thing or two.  We also remember what it was like to be new.  We all had to learn as well.   If you have a question that is too embarrassing to ask on the forum, just send a PM to me or one of the other members.

Jack McDonald,
Scandinavian Duchies
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 5

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 04:09:35 AM »

Well, I've dropped by to say "hi," and make sure relations between the Prefectures are well managed by our ambassador.

Apella Member
Former Archon Praefectus

UN Delegate; Alpha omega
Senator; The New Meritocracy
Czenya
Helot

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »

Hello! I'm representing the Nation of Czenya, and we are new to the Maritoratic Isles, and we intend to stay. Thank you to Valle de Mejico for inviting us.
Valle de Mejico
Spartiate

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 06:39:21 PM »

Your welcome.
Joebob Fizzlelob
Neodamode

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 06:55:39 PM »

hey i represent the opresed peoples of new antiark yea so thx for inviting me. so lets have some fun
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »

Welcome, everybody!

Jack McDonald,
zigzag40
Helot

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »

Hello everyone.  Thank you for the invitation to join your region.  I'm The Armed Republic of Kochino.  Right now, I am a college student who is majoring in engineering and is ready for the semester to finally end.
Jasque
Archon Praefectus
Aristocrat

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 09:52:29 PM »

Hello everyone.  Thank you for the invitation to join your region.  I'm The Armed Republic of Kochino.  Right now, I am a college student who is majoring in engineering and is ready for the semester to finally end.

When is your semester over?   This week is my last week.

Jack McDonald,
zigzag40
Helot

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 10:42:09 PM »

My last week of classes is this week, but I have five finals next week.  THEN it's over.
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 05:51:46 AM »

Good luck in your finals!

Bruce Dickinson
The Anarchist Federation of Freedom Crazy

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Pansada
Aristocrat

Merit: 20

Corintur

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 07:09:34 AM »

Oh, man, Lit final in forty minutes, and I've got the flu or something. Ugh.

Matriarch Porcelina of the Shaelin Khapf
--------------------------------------------------
(Corintur;  Consul of the Meritocracy)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: