Meritocratic Isles
November 15, 2018, 12:20:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please take a look at the historical documents in The Athenaeum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The People's Republic of Waleran Applies for Citizenship  (Read 29714 times)
Waleran
Citizen
Neodamode

Merit: 1

« on: October 18, 2008, 02:09:46 PM »

I, Waleran of the nation of People's Republic of Waleran, pledge to act as a responsible citizen of the Meritocratic Isles, to uphold its laws, and to contribute to the governance of the region.

All men are created equal.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

Merit: 14

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Hello, Waleran. I have a few questions for you:

When should the powers of what a democracy can control be limited?
What skills or interests do you bring to the region?
Waleran
Citizen
Neodamode

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 04:14:37 AM »

Archon Basileus Kadoshim, nice to meet you.
When should the powers of what a democracy can control be limited?
I think government's control of some, key aspects of a democracy is necessary to the survival of the naction itself and to ensure that all citizens are given the same oppurtunities. Of course government should not cover all aspects of a citizen's life, as then corruption would become inevitable and personal and political freedom would cease to exist. For example I believe a good leader should nationalize: healthcare, to ensure that even if somebody hasn't enough money he can still go to an hospital; education, to ensure that all childs are given a decent shot in life and that not only the rich can afford a world class education; key strategic industry and products such as transportation, farms, energy power should also remain under government's control, to ensure that they will be used for the people's prosperity and not for the prosperity of someone else. These are just a few examples on why a democracy must control some key aspect of the economy. But it should not overstep that mark which makes people not free anymore: a man or woman who want to start a new business should be able to do it, as long as he respects his workers' and gives them a decent wage; people must be free to choose their rulers, Democracy and elections should be central to our Meritocratic Isles government. As I'm starting to go through my cursus honorum in this region, I can promise you that when I'll finish it and I'll become Archon Basileus and WA Delegate with merit, the Meritocratic isles would be the most powerful region on NationStates.
What skills or interests do you bring to the region?
Politics is one of my passions and I can assure you that I know something about you. You can count of me as a servant of this region, who will be an active leader to push forwards our ideals in the World Assembly, promoting our proposals and writing new ones.
May our region posper as no one before in NationStates,
Best Whishes,
Waleran

Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 8

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »

Are you a member of the WA or do you plan on becoming a member of the WA?

Waleran
Citizen
Neodamode

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »

Hi Shiedfeld. At the moment I'm not yet a member, but I've already sent my application to join the World Assembly. Tomorrow I will be surely a member, ready to defend Meritocratic Isles' interests and ideals.

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 02:34:06 PM »

Waleran, your ambition for your future activities in the WA and the Politeia is astounding. Enthusiasm like yours, pointed in a wise and prudent direction of course, can do great things for the Isles.
Shieldelf
Citizen
Perioikos

Merit: 8

Commander, Isles Militia

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »

Please descibe your country to us.

Waleran
Citizen
Neodamode

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »

Finally my application has been accepted. I'm now a member of the World Assembly.
Waleran, your ambition for your future activities in the WA and the Politeia is astounding. Enthusiasm like yours, pointed in a wise and prudent direction of course, can do great things for the Isles.
Thanks a lot Archon Basileus, I'm pleased you have that opinion of me and of my country; I'm eager to demonstrate it and convert my willingness into facts, if you and the Politeia will give me the honour to serve our region as citizen.
Please describe your country to us.
I've not been the leader of the People's Republic of Waleran for enough time to convert it into my 'ideal nation', but I'll tell you what i'm planning to achieve (here you can find my nation's actual overview: http://www.nationstates.net/waleran): as I've already pointed out, I think government is of a fundamental importance in garanteeing that all citizens are given the same opportunities and that no one is left behind; it should not, however, violate the most basic social, economical and personal liberties and by all means we must preserve and protect the democratic institutions of our region. In my nation the government will make sure that all children are given the education and the care they deserve, even if they can't afford it and merit should be valued by scholarships and financial aids; health insurance should be the first priority of my nation to make sure that we do not discriminate our patients by census; if somebody wants to start a new business he should be able to do this, as long as his first concern is to protect his workers and produce for the common good; we must address climate-change challenges with strength and with all our possibilities; basic things such as food and water should be given in accessible prices to the population and should remain in government's hands; the first concern of our military should be to defend our region from foreign aggressions and not to invade foreign lands; we must respect immigrants who come to our nation and if they're willing to work hard it should be given them our citizenship; racism sentiments shouldn't and will not be tolerated.
That's what I believe in and that's what I'll fight for in the World Assembly if you'll give me the honour of being the citizen of the Meritocratic Isles.
Thank you and Shall our region prosper as never before,
Waleran   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:49:21 AM by Waleran » Logged

Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »

Waleran, your application for citizenship has now come to vote seeing that no more questions have been addressed to you in two days. Good luck.
Kadoshim
Archon Basileus
Spartiate

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

Congratulations Waleran. You are now a citizen of the Politeia.
Waleran
Citizen
Neodamode

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 09:21:24 AM »

Thank you, Kadoshim. It's a honour for me to serve the Politeia.
Please give me any kind of assignment for the common good.
Best Whishes,
Waleran

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: