Meritocratic Isles
December 18, 2018, 10:47:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please observe the rules set forth in our Civil Code.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cursus honorum  (Read 143905 times)
Networked Cities Inc
Neodamode

Merit: 3

Commutel, Inc. (Foreign Ministry Contractor)

« on: May 17, 2006, 04:45:46 AM »

If you wish to apply to be a senator of the Meritocracy and have any questions, please ask them here without fear of shame if they are ridiculous. I shall help you with your application.

Commutel, Inc. (on contract from Foreign Ministry of Networked Cities Inc)

Views represented are the views of "The Office of the Government, Inc" and not necessarily those of Commutel, Inc. or any other government contractor.
Fox
Spartiate

Merit: 15

Angel Sanctuary is the bestest of the best!! :)

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »

1. How do you become a Senator?
2. Can I become a Senator?
3. What do Senators do?
- I'm responsible.
4. Can I see the application?

Please and thank you goes with all the questions,
Foxy Cheesy

~I'm nice, most of the time Cheesy~
Would a better answer have been to point to "Administrator", noting that if God existed, He would never allow so foul and cruel a forum-master to come into being?
Pansada
Aristocrat

Merit: 20

Corintur

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:17:15 AM »

1. Go to merit.nosync.org, go to the Senate Hall, and look for the application forum. There will be instructions there.
2. If the Senate approves you, yes.
3. They run the Meritocratic Senate, the overarching legislative body of the New Meritocracy, the Meritocratic Isles, Alpha Omega, and Feudal Japan.
4. You make your own application, including a citizenship oath and a list of your (NS) country's statistics. Various Senators will then question you for a week.

Matriarch Porcelina of the Shaelin Khapf
--------------------------------------------------
(Corintur;  Consul of the Meritocracy)
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Merit: 13

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »

I would recommend first becoming a citizen here and helping out here and learning about the NS game. Then if you want to try and become a Senator, and have proved yourself here, you will have backing from some rather experienced and respected Senators (not including myself in that).

Bruce Dickinson
The Anarchist Federation of Freedom Crazy
Former Archon Basileus of the Politeia

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Fox
Spartiate

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »

Oh...a long process, I'll wait til I'm a citizen here. How do you become a citizen here?

Would a better answer have been to point to "Administrator", noting that if God existed, He would never allow so foul and cruel a forum-master to come into being?
Valle de Mejico
Spartiate

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »

Check out the forum Immigration and Naturalization Services. Once in there it should be self-explanatory.
Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 05:29:47 AM »

Oh...a long process, I'll wait til I'm a citizen here. How do you become a citizen here?
Yep. Although I did not know about the Meritocracy until about four to five months into playing this game, I didn't really think about joining until about 10-11 months in and applied about a year after I first started this game. That's quite a long time and one could get accepted much sooner, or think of applying sooner. So I joined in March this year, and I started playing NationStates exactly a year before that. However, unlike yourself Fox, I started off in a newbie region that had no clue how to play the game or what to do and I dragged it into foreign affairs etc as I explored the game. Here,  you will learn things much more quickly as you are amongst the best Wink
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 05:52:05 AM by Freedom Crazy » Logged

Bruce Dickinson

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. Frederic Bastiat

Give a man some wood for a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Fox
Spartiate

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »

O, I'm learning from the best. Well, as soon as I saw your explainations, I knew you were one the very best, hehe. Okay, then I'm all ready to learn. Smiley

Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »

Heh Wink

FIrst thing to do is apply to be a Citizen. In this location: http://isles.politizens.com/index.php?board=13.0

Bruce Dickinson

Fox
Spartiate

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 06:54:13 AM »

I did it, so now, should I expect a hoard of questions? :X

Freedom Crazy
Aristocrat

Bruce Dickinson

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

Not from me, you will have my aye Smiley

Bruce Dickinson

Fox
Spartiate

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 07:28:01 PM »

phew, I just saw it a couple seconds ago, I hope my answer was good to the What would you do if you became a citizen thing. What Valle said threw me off though.

Valle de Mejico
Spartiate

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 07:41:35 PM »

It's what I do  Grin
Fox
Spartiate

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »

Thanks a lot! *does victory dance* woot woot!! hehe Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: